Saturday, September 5, 2009

Green Grasshopper Name

For my first blog post I’d like to explain the blog name, Green Grasshopper. Most people might think this has nothing to do with my intended subject matter (small business management for individuals Under 25) so I will explain its significance.

The first word ‘green’ was chosen because green has multiple meanings. As a recent university business graduate I am new to the ‘real’ world and ‘green’ to most common practices. The main business reason behind the term is that ‘green’ refers to money, which I hope one day will flow into my business rather than outwards. The third reason is that green signals go, and it seems the business is always moving forward at an ever increasing pace.

The second word ‘grasshopper’ was chosen as one of my fathers favourite quote’s was from Kung Fu. A Master says “When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave”. The young individual is referred to as grasshopper, I see myself as the Grasshopper learning as much as possible and trying to meet as many ‘Masters’ throughout my career for advice. The second point is that grasshoppers often fly from place to place similar to small business management which requires great flexibility when it comes to everyday tasks.

What can you expect from my Green Grasshopper blog? The main focus will be for individuals either leaving University or young people with limited experience looking to start their own businesses. The opportunity to serve as an online meeting place for young entrepreneurs and experienced business tycoons would also be advantageous. Having graduated in May and plunging directly into small business there have been lessons learned which I hope to share with others. The blog will discuss anecdotes from my business and how the situation could have improved. I will also try to keep everyone up to date on any interesting small business articles and programs especially those focused on young entrepreneurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment